Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you like your class?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hôly

Hôly

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-03-02

How do you like  your class? Empty
PostSubject: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2007 2:09 pm

There's not enough going on in the local Semper Fi inn and I'm bored so I thought I'd start a thread. So far, how do you like the class you chose, what do you not like, what do you think your strength is in groups, etc.?

My main is a pally... probably one of the most fun classes I've played. I like the fact that they can wear bling-bling plate armor and manage to survive some of the most "oh shit I'm dead" situations. I've found they are almost unkillable in PVE.. granted that you are prepared to sit through 10 minute fights. However, they are high on defense/survivability and healing and so will always likely be lacking in damage dealing... just something you have to accept. No matter how much they buff the ret tree, if you want to dps, a paladin will only frustrate you. That is why I plan on healing and perhaps off-tanking in end-game, playing to the class's strength.

My mage is a helluva lot of fun and a nice counterpoint to the pally... all nuke w/ little survivability. Prob. the 2nd most fun class I've played and can be quite helpful in parties due to crowd-control and nukage.

My least favorite classes: hunters and warlocks. Prob. b/c strong pet builds are the best for leveling up but at the same time extremely boring to play, so I've never managed to level a hunter/lock very far.
Back to top Go down
Petzl

Petzl

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 8:50 am

Apparently Holy's the only one who actually likes his class...

I love playing as a lock, especially in pvp. I also like my shaman, but haven't really done anything with it yet. When your group wipes and you have a soulstoned rezzer you know you love locks too.
Back to top Go down
Hôly

Hôly

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 3:08 am

Yep, locks are great for soulstones and summons, and arguably the top dps'ers. They also have the coolest T4 set.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Guild Manager
Guild Manager
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2007 6:23 pm

I agree about pallys.. I played almost the entire time as a retribution pally upto lvl 60 and at that point I was not overly impressed with the class and rolled a draenei priest which I went shadow with.. I must say, shadow priests are a dangerous toon.. they can fuck up just about anything\anyone if played right. I thought i was going to just say screw the pally and make my priest my main.. but then one day for some reason I respecd just to try out the protection tree.. and WOW.. all of a sudden I could take on more than 1 monster at a time without dying.. and I could actually NOT die every 10 mins (ask cluffy.. the bastard laughed at me every time i joined his group cuz i was always rez sick... probably part of the reason i respecd cheers) ..

At that point I decided to level past 60 and alternate rested stated between my priest and pally.. which turned into just straight leveling my pally to 70.. I love the prot tree and was able to out tank most warriors (which is just because we have so many BAD tanks on our realm...) but it was fun..

Then I kept gettinh whispers asking me to heal in lvl 70 instances... and after a few weeks of that I decided to give it a try.. so i specd holy... and I must say "DAMN".. pallys were born to heal!! specially with all the +healing plate shit in outlands.. we are meant to be holy.. I can solo heal lvl 70 instances all day long.. so I gotta say.. HOLY pally is the way to go at 70.. cuz face it.. you cant out tank a good warrior in end game.. you cant out dps a, well.. a robotic chicken for fucks sake even with all your points in ret (PALLYS CANT DPS FOR SHIT!).. so that leaves HOLY.. which they can excell at once you learn the buttons and get good gear. And the idea of a priest that wears plate and a shield with armour over 13000, a defence rating of about 400 and 7000+hp with more "last resort" lifesaving buttons than I can even name 'lay on hands and blessing of protection to name a couple' sounds good to me..

So the bottom line is..

Even though a pally SUCKS to level.. and takes forever because of the lack of dps.. once you finally make it to the end, its worth it because they are a great class (and our epic mount looks better than everyone elses geek )
Back to top Go down
https://semperfi.editboard.com
Cluffy

Cluffy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-24

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 1:25 pm

Btw pallies can actually dps quite well Razz

btw: Who put the fluffy chicken as my avatar? Razz
Back to top Go down
Scrotor

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 9:55 pm

Cluffy wrote:

I have to say that having played a pally all the way before BC it was ok.... slower than sin on the leveling cause most of it was solo'ed but hey. Epic mounts... bah... tin cans on ponies... now lock mounts... them be mounts with spinnaz *cough* anyways.

I switched to a lock because I got real. With locks it's a great middle ground with a little from most classes (even baby rinkadink heals and bubbles). It's diverse and almost always a good time to play. And yeah I still solo most stuff so that may be why I've stuck with it.

Though now I've played every class in the game past level 10 I think my top classes that I enjoy playing are as follows:

1> Lock
2> Shaman
3> Rogue
4> Priest
5> Paladin
6> Warrior
7> Those other classes that dress funny and smell wierd

SO yeah... that's about it.. I'm babbling. Have fun

~Scrotor
afro

P.S. Cluffy... amigo... I think that's a duck....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Guild Manager
Guild Manager
Admin

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-02-09

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 3:55 am

Cluffy wrote:

hmmmmm... I have no idea who might have made your picture a fluffy chicken fluffy..

Twisted Evil snicker
Back to top Go down
https://semperfi.editboard.com
Stonin

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 10:30 am

I like playing my rogue.

But.. then I love sneaking up to people and stabbing them in the back for big damage. cheers

I've tried other classes (Shammy, Hunter, Warrior etc) and none of them really give me that warm fuzzy feeling inside like a rogue does.

And.. I play subtlety so its a little different then those who stick all their points in assassination or combat.

Plus.. CLoS ftw! Oh how I missed that fun stuff. Now I can kill any casters I want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you like your class?   How do you like  your class? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you like your class?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GENERAL :: Local Inn-
Jump to: