Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nightfang

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work?   Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 9:36 am

I know that the Kara groups are being shuffled around a bit and i just wanted to get an explanation of how it's all going to work.

Last week I was in kara 2....this week i'm not. So i'm kinda feeling booted.

I know that some people are more active than others and we need to be in groups that are compatible time wise but i was logged on and sitting in front of the stone at the right time each night we were scheduled to go.

So is there something that I need to improve on in order to get back in? or is this just a random shuffle and I will be back in next week? I realize that it's tough when you have more than 20 kara keys in the guild so I'm not taking it personally. It's just that I really busted my ass to get my key (as did we all) knowing that there was a light at the end of the tunnel so frankly I want to be running it every night of the week if i can.

So maybe whoever is in charge of assigning groups could post a schedule on the forums or even the group calendar of how the groups are supposed to rotate so the kara people that are not assigned to a group know when they will be going in.

Thanks =)

-fang
Back to top Go down
Cluffy

Cluffy

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2007-02-24

Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work?   Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Basically the way we were initially doing the kara groups were that the starting group that had been in kara from when we started and was always there to run it were placed in group 1, and the newer people were placed in group 2. (this way group 1 still had its best chance of getting as far as possible in kara).

When group 1 killed prince we decided to split the groups up a little more so that the experience from group 1 would be able to help group 2 progress further through kara, and so that they could get the leadership that they were missing. As a result 3 of us (myself, narn and viper) swapped into group 2, and 3 of group 2 swapped up into group 1. This way group 1 still had the majority of its normal raiding group, and would still be able to maintain how it was going, whilst also letting the 3 new people in it get more experience, and it allowed the 3 of us that swapped to group 2 to lead the remainder of group 2 and to get them working better together.

On the day kara got reset, we got together the 20 people that were about to run (10 from group 1 and 10 from group 2 (it was the 10 that were on at the time, i'm guessing you were either a little late or whoever was inviting for group 2 initially must've missed you or something) and we swapped the groups around slighty so that the 3 swapping from group 1 would get replaced by people of the same class. This then gave us the 2 core groups for the week. Due to there being a lot more than 20 people that can run kara, all the other people currently keyed, that weren't in a core group were placed in a waiting list for the week, which means that if someone from either group doesn't show up, the people in the waiting list can replace them.

When kara resets again, we'll go through the same process again, letting some new players go through into group 1, and swapping around people who missed out last time with some that got in this time to let everyone have a go. The people that are there waiting everyweek however, and that are more reliable etc, will be given the go-ahead over those that only turn up once a week etc.

This is what we're aiming to do with the groups, it does mean that people will miss out occasionally (which is unavoidable due to our numbers) but we are going to try and ensure that everyone gets a go, if they are commited and do show up.
Back to top Go down

Can someone explain how the Kara groups are going to work?
Page 1 of 1