Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
halfelven

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-20

ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Empty
PostSubject: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 3:16 am

Hey guys,

Please hear me out, i am very serious about raiding, but it seems there is a problem or two.
1. Heroics, run them to help your guildies and yourself get better gear
2. Attendance, two days a week is not serious raiding, group one does it for 4-5 days a week and runs are 4-5 hours, not 2.5 days and for only 2-3 hours (i know real life happens, but why punnish the rest of the group with no runs)
3. Scheduling, is there a place that we can all get a scheduls to see who is expected to be there? If now how do i know or anyone know when there expected to be there and for how long? If i know ahead of time i will make arrangements to be there and run as much as possible.
Is it possible to let the groups know ahead of time when and who will be in the groups?
Also is it possible to let us know when runs WILL happen, not might happen?
A schedule is my only thoughts, anyone have any other suggestions, or am i just having a bad week?
We need core groups set up with alternates lined up, if im an alt id like to know it, just so i can be on at that time, i waited outside of kara just to get my first chance, i wish more people had that dedication to seeing the group as a whole progress! IMO thats the only way to get us all to the big raids, thanks for reading my rants, hope i dont get booted from guild now, but thats how i feel Smile
Back to top Go down
Weaktitus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 8:53 am

I'm with ya Half.

Don't see why we have to be in the dark most nights regarding whther or not we will have enough to run.

Now, if as I am now being told, that the main raid nights are Tues, Wed, Thurs, then that's fine, if we can actually be able to run 3 solid nights, which quite frankly, in 5 weeks I have yet to do. Yes, this week we ran 3 nights and killed alot of bosses, but who knows what next week will bring, and thats' the issue. Is there any chance of running another night this week or is the run over? Who the hell knows, but why can't we make some effort to find out, instead of just coming on and hoping that the one missing dude comes on, whoever that might be?

Yeah, it's great that we are running kara, and great that group 2 made progress, but I would sure like to spend more time in there, and am just trying to see if that is possible.
Back to top Go down
Hôly

Hôly

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 5:42 pm

I am assuming your posts are mainly directed towards the ppl in your group? We've been urging you guys to do those very things for some time now.. i.e. run heroics for gear, show up for raids, etc.

Guildies are running heroics all the time, if you aren't running em you're not trying hard enough to get the group you need.

We want to see you guys in Kara as much as group 1 is in Kara... that's why we've gone so far as to mix the groups to help progression. Frankly the only thing holding you guys back is yourselves. We have no idea if all the group 2 ppl are gonna show up. Raid times have always been the same, everybody knows when they are scheduled, everybody knows they are screwing over the rest of the group if they don't show. We've been trying to get a solid core for group 2 that consistently shows up... what more can you expect us to be able to do?

As far as having a schedule of specific group composition ahead of time... that can't rly be done until we know who is dedicated and who isnt. Those ppl are making themselves known as we speak. The ppl who are working to show up and pull group 2 through Kara are the ppl who will be scheduled every week, the same way group 1 runs w/ the same group every week. Yes, we will need backups and that will be worked out, but first things first.

You gave your 2 cents, there's mine.
Back to top Go down
Weaktitus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 1:03 am

Appreciate the post Holy. Dialogue is good.

I really think there has been confusion regarding raid times. There have been sort of 2 messages with regard to raid times.

On the one hand, raid times were said to be Mon-Fri 6pm server times, and Sat and Sun 4pm server time.

Now it seems, the real raid times, are Tues-Thurs 6pm server time, with the other times being optional if enough people happen to be on.

I think these dual messages regarding raid times created some frustration, with people thinking there would be raiding on those other days, showing up consistently to raid, with it virtually never happening.

A reasonable goal is to get enough people on to raid 3 solid nights a week. More would be nice, but may be difficult.

Also, I don’t think we in group 2 really knew what the officers were trying to do with regard to the long term goals of group 2, as it had not been communicated to us.

“We've been trying to get a solid core for group 2 that consistently shows up... what more can you expect us to be able to do?”

Appreciate what you have done. We have been trying to get a solid core as well, but as we don’t get to pick our groups, and as we have been short a couple key classes, getting the solid core has been difficult.

Since now I know what the goal is, and when raids are supposed to run, what I would hope for is that when groups are put together on Tuesday that there be some attempt by those putting the groups together to ascertain whether or not the key persons, i.e., those without which there can be no run, (tanks and healers primarily) are going to be able to show up, not just Tuesday when the groups are formed, but Wednesday and Thursday as well, and that it be communicated to guild members who want to run Kara in group 2, that if they want to be in group 2 then they need to be ready to go those nights as well, and if they can’t they need to let us know on Tuesday, or the day before, so we know where we will be short.

You peeps knew what you were trying to do, but we did not know what you were trying to do, since no one ever told us. Now we know.
Back to top Go down
halfelven

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-05-20

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2007 2:03 am

Thanks for the reply holy, thats what i needed to hear, its very reassuring! The group two main people did not know really what was going on and now we do! This will help!
Ive been running heroics and picking up everything purple that i can and am doing whatever is nessisary to get the progression ball rolling! Glad to know that you are also watching us, this weeks progress is awesome! Just wish we had a little more time in kara, but i know that this will come with time Smile Weak makes good points that i was also thinking, a schedule, or sighnup that will let us know when who is available and when they might be gone, like on this tuesday is my daughters last softball game and i will miss the group organizations, but will be ava the rest of the week! I hope this does not disqualify me, but if it does then i do understand. Last thought is that yes this is aimed at group two as encouragement and suggestions, not scolding like it (i think) came across, alot of the group one kara have great suggestions, and have been taking them to heart, running heroics, farming gold to make my epics, etc. also helping others when they need help with rep! Getting everyone heroic keys other than just mech is a hugh step! And helps us all progress! Great job all for the efforts in helping me and i will continue to help others as i can Smile
Thanks for reading and replying !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?   ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ARE WE A RAIDING GUILD? IS THERE A SCHEDULE?
Page 1 of 1