Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maeda

The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Empty
PostSubject: The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy   The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 pm

http://www.bosskillers.com/cgi-bin/bbguild/index.cgi?action=view_guide&guide_id=50&sid=dGnM6c6Qcg
Back to top Go down
ViperOfNor

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2007-05-15

PostSubject: Void Positioning Problems   The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 1:33 am

1st off.....High King and Gruul....Excellent Job Everyone!
Trash pulls in The Eye....very nice. sloppy, but for our 1st time in there, very nice job getting all the way to Void Reaver! I know by the time we got to Void and all the delays with swapping classes, etc, we were all tired. Next time, he's going down!

Observations on Void Reaver:

Nice thing about being a hunter, we are usually in the back of everyone else with a full view of most fights.

From my viewpoint this is what I could see:

* We were positioning our groups in a 1/2 circle instead of a full circle as the diagram shows below.

* By being in a 1/2 circle instead of a full circle, we had twice as many Arcane Balls in a smaller area. People would dodge one only to run into another.

I personally dodge 1 with the only option to run into 2 more coming for 2 other people to my right, while one was just landing to my left. That's 4 Arcane balls in a very tight area.

* If we follow the chart below, spread out with groups in sections, healers in groups to avoid range issues, each section will have less Arcane Balls and the ability to have more dodge room.

* Healers seemed to have trouble with watching for Arcane Balls and monitoring party heals. I think this will only take more attempts to get the juggling down without any trouble. (Other than putting your char on Follow of someone else, don't see an option and not sure what breaks follow.)

The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Positi10

Last edited by on Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hôly

Hôly

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy   The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:06 am

Yep we did awesome last night, and I dunno bout the rest of you but it was fun as hell. The trash pulls were almost like Kara bosses. Mass pyroblast ftw! I hope we can start visiting the eye on a regular basis, and we are a hair away from having Gruul's on farm.

VR seems easy enough. My observations:

- It's just a new dance we need to learn, like avoiding Shade's spells. Once we learn it, it will be cake.

- We were all probably sick of sitting at our computer by the end last night, and started getting a bit cranky. It happens. Don't take anything too personally.

- For all you dps yelling at the healers, it really isn't quite as simplistic as you might think. We have to be on top of our heal targets every second of the fight. A couple of seconds of distraction can (and has in my own experience) resulted in a wipe. At the same time, the energy balls don't move THAT slow and the blast radius is large, so you really need to start moving away IMMEDIATELY when you see it coming or you will get hit by the blast.

This means that healers have to have even more focus and reaction speed. React to the ball too late and you get hit. But this means removing our attention for those seconds from the heal targets, and we can't heal as we're running around (at least pallies can't). The best solution is to make sure we know our assigned position around the boss and get back there as soon as we can after dodging a ball. That way we have healer coverage all around the boss and his ball won't disrupt EVERY healer in the raid, leaving nobody to heal the tank.

And I really don't want to hear people yelling that we only have to worry about healing the tanks in this fight, because "nobody else should be taking damage". I saw pretty much everybody get hit at least once last night by the balls. That means we need to heal your sorry ass too Wink

DPS has it easy... get distracted and the only thing that happens is your DPS drops a little. Cut your healers some slack Razz

Last edited by on Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mollyann

PostSubject: Re: The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy   The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:14 am

LOL, yeah. We showed great STAMINA last night, raiding for over 6 hours. Smile I had a great time. We were getting a little cranky at the end but that's to be expected after being together for that long. I can't hang out with my best friends for more than 6 hours without getting into it a little bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy   The Eye:  Void Reaver Strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eye: Void Reaver Strategy
Page 1 of 1